gharris999 wrote:
> Yes, you could do that, but it's not necessary.  It literally only takes
> a few seconds to switch a 7.8 branch checkout to 7.7.  And I don't think
> there are any prefs or database differences, so you could potentially
> share prefs and data between the branches.
>
> Or, you can do as I do, and keep separate cache & prefs dirs for each
> checked out version that you run.
>
> You could write a switch-branch batch file to accomplish this with
> minimal effort.  That's what I do on linux...I have a shell script that
> automates all the housekeeping that I do when I switch branches.

Ok, but I want to run them at the same time (as well as 7.6 and 7.5, but
I can run them from their old SVN checkouts, if necessary). Is that
possible from one clone? I don't care if it's 901 MB in size. I already
do keep separate cache, prefs and log directories for each instance of
the server that I run. Can the checkouts be to different locations, or
is that not the way it's done?

I'm still unclear about what is actually being pulled down when
cloning.

- 'git clone -n --depth 1' is 88 MB
- 'git clone' is 901 MB
- you mention 252 MB