JJZolx wrote:
> No, that's exactly what I'm talking about - simultaneous instances. I've
> run as many as 10 or 12 instances on my server simultaneously with the
> SVN checkouts. I can run as many instances as I like from any one of the
> checkouts.How do you do this?  By specifying different slimproto ports for
> each
instance? Do you actually have 10 or 12 different players, all playing
simultaneously from those instances?  I suppose having the ability to
just switch between different running server instances via the player UI
could represent a convenience.  But is it enough of a convenience to
justify tying up resources like that?  But to each his own.  If this has
worked well for you in the past, I'm sure you'll want to keep the same
arrangement.  That's how I tend to operate, anyway.