There are a number of conundrums with the AlbumArtist, Artist and
TrackArtist roles and related menus.  Indeed I've always found the
TrackArtist concept to be slightly puzzling given I use no such tag.
Many of us set up our tags in slightly different ways and tinkering with
this could cause problems.  So unless this is really creating
difficulties it may be better left as it is.  One person's 'bug' is
another's 'feature'.   I resolved my own queries with the way LMS works
by using CustomScan and CustomBrowse so I got exactly what I wanted,
which may well not be the same as that which  others want.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps. LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to MF amp &
ESLs) & Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.  Minimserver (server) & upplay
(control point) to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC renderers.  Squeezelite to
Meridian USB Explorer DAC to speakers/phones.  Wireless Xubuntu 15.04
laptop with firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.   Have a Touch
with EDO, plus spare, but unused.