MeSue wrote:
> Adding the folder for Artist Artwork cut the scan time down to 44
> minutes, so now it's just the "building full text index" step that is
> slowing it down. One question... is this index only used for searching
> via the web UI? Does it have any affect on iPeng searches? Because I do
> most searching through iPeng and rarely use the webUI.

Just an FYI, but you can disable the full text search by disabling the
full text search plugin. Then the search behavior reverts back to what
it was previously and library scanning is quicker. Personally, I haven't
found a compelling reason to use full text searching and prefer the old
substring search, which returns fewer and better focused results.