results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=116649
Question: On what player types does the alarm fail for you?

- Squeezebox Radio (official firmware 7.x)
- Squeezebox Radio (community firmware 8.x)
- Squeezebox Touch (official firmware 7.x)
- Squeezebox Touch (community firmware 8.x)
- SB Classic/Boom/Receiver/Transporter
- Other (eg. Raspberry Pi based)

Well that was a fun evening of testing, what started out quite
reasonable and controlled almost descended into chaotic confusion after
the first failure...

of the 5 alarms after that first failure I had 2 successful, 2 fail with
no fallback but they did briefly pop the now playing screen and one
popped the alarm screen and then went into fallback alarm.

When an alarm is triggered successfully I see a very brief now playing
screen before the alarm screen is popped, previously I've not had the
player next to me to see any the screens pop and therefore notice any
difference in behaviour - although I'm not sure there's much relevance
to the differences I saw.

I have attached the full LMS logfile of the whole test period and a
write-up of what I did and the results of each alarm throughout the
test.

Tomorrow, I'll do another long series of testing without using Material
at all, I'm out for most of the day so will configure the alarms to run
then - the debug shows the failures occur consistently when the source
is "unknown" - with that weird playerprefs/Safari reference, even on the
one occasion the fallback alarm sound was triggered, so should be easy
to see of any failures have occurred in my absence.

Kev

|Filename: Alarm Test actions.txt                                   |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=39202|