> * I've removed the iPad comment, didn't know about all those
> restrictions Apple puts on it... it was just an example, now clearly a
> stupid one :)

I disagree. :)  Apple may restrict it a lot, but Blender's strengths of
modeling, surfacing, and sculpting would be wonderful to have on an iPad.  (I
can imagine sculpting ideas at coffee shops in full 3D, then saving out to PC
for rigging.)  Also, since the Cocoa port has already been completed you'd
probably have an easier time porting to the iPad than other tablets.

There's the other thing to mention: while Apple may be restrictive about what
goes on the store, it's not restrictive about what you do in your own home as a
part of the developer program.  So even if a locked-down version were available
on the store, the unlocked version could be compiled by power users; this is
how Unity gets around the restrictions for the tester program that allows you
to send code directly to a unit.  I think getting the entire package running
like that would be well outside the realm of a GSoC project, but it's something
to think about.

Also, your pie menus would be great regardless. :)
~ C