On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 1:34 PM, Stefano Corazza <stef...@mixamo.com> wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> We are working on a Collada import plugin for Blender that we would like
> to include in the general release.
>
> Emiliano Gambaretto here at Mixamo is the lead developer of this effort.
> We have a few questions that are related to bind/rest pose and how they
> are handled in Blender vs Collada.
>

> Can you respond confirming these statements?

Sorry if this is a silly question, but do you mean you are working on
improving the existing Collada importer/exporter which Blender has?
Or do you mean you are going to work on something completely new?

Here are the build instructions for the existing Collada importer/exporter.
http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/User:Kazanbas/Building_Collada_Branch

I build with this feature regularly, and while it is still not complete (no
animation) it does work reasonably well in general.

best regards,
Alex "blenderwell" Combas