Adam Maxwell, you’re still around here? On 10.11 there are quite a few reports
on crashes due to file view icons, due to invalid objects. The memory
management looks to be OK, no overrelease in sight, but apparently it does
happen. I wonder whether this has to do with the custom zone code. Perhaps in
combination with the system,’s support for ARM (even if we don’t use that).
Unfortunately I have no clue about how zones work and what’s going on in that
part. I also cannot reproduce that (for one because I still don’t have 10.11,
in part because that seems to have a pretty buggy PDFKit). Would you have any
idea about that? What’s actually the reason for the custom zone?

Christiaan