Am 09.09.2007 um 14:33 schrieb Derick Fay:

> I would recommend against a Library autofile default location -

>>> Related to that: I have the impression that autofile is a powerful
>>> feature that is not used very often by many users? Couldn't BibDesk
>>> offer a standard setting like: Define as the autofile-location some
>>> place in ~Library for example ~L

ok ok - the point is not where the autofile location is but to
educate new users to use autofile and give them the opportunity to
learn about it. Maybe ~/Documents/BibDeskAutoFiling/.... with a small
Readme inside that explains how to change the location of that
folder. Or a folder relative to the bib-file named NameOfTheBibFile-
Folder. And it should be a one-click operation to turn autofiling on.

Personally, I am really happy how autofile works. But I grew up with
BibDesk and learnt about the features as they were invented. I guess
now new users have difficulties to imagine how powerful this fabulous
application is....

Daniel