Am 09.09.2007 um 15:54 schrieb Christiaan Hofman:

> On 9 Sep 2007, at 3:36 PM, Daniel Becker wrote:
>

>> Am 09.09.2007 um 14:33 schrieb Derick Fay:
>>
>>> I would recommend against a Library autofile default location -

>> ok ok - the point is not where the autofile location is but to
>> educate new users to use autofile and give them the opportunity to
>> learn about it. Maybe ~/Documents/BibDeskAutoFiling/.... with a small
>> Readme inside that explains how to change the location of that
>> folder. Or a folder relative to the bib-file named NameOfTheBibFile-
>> Folder. And it should be a one-click operation to turn autofiling on.
>>

> The default location is ~/Documents/Papers. though it will probably
> not exist anyway. This kind of explanation is supposed to be put in
> the Help, where it already is.
>
>> Personally, I am really happy how autofile works. But I grew up with
>> BibDesk and learnt about the features as they were invented. I guess
>> now new users have difficulties to imagine how powerful this fabulous
>> application is....
>>
>> Daniel
>>

> There are lots of features. The first thing a new user should do if
> he wants to learn about using it is go to the Help. Otherwise there
> is nothing from our side we should do.
>
> Christiaan

I was actually about to write a chapter about autofile (since it is
among my favorite features of BibDesk) for the wiki - providing
examples and screenshots. That I now delayed until the new features
Adam is working on are implemented. My hope is that having the
information in two different versions  (help and wiki) will improve
people's awareness of autofile's power.

a.