On Sep 9, 2007, at 07:38, Alex Hamann wrote:

> Am 09.09.2007 um 15:54 schrieb Christiaan Hofman:
>
>> There are lots of features. The first thing a new user should do if
>> he wants to learn about using it is go to the Help. Otherwise there
>> is nothing from our side we should do.

We may be able to make some features more obvious.  I agree that
enabling autofile by default is probably not safe.  We could add a
dialog that asks if the user wants to enable AutoFile when a file is
dropped (with a checkbox to disable the dialog in future).

I think a present problem is that new users have no idea you can drop
a file on a form field, or maybe even on the toolbar button.

> I was actually about to write a chapter about autofile (since it is
> among my favorite features of BibDesk) for the wiki - providing
> examples and screenshots. That I now delayed until the new features
> Adam is working on are implemented. My hope is that having the
> information in two different versions  (help and wiki) will improve
> people's awareness of autofile's power.

The new features (if implemented) won't be available for some time, so
feel free to get started.

adam