On 9/12/07, Adam R. Maxwell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> This is correct.  It should also be possible to keep the old system around,
> although I'm not sure how we'll manage autofile in that case.  The only
> reason I can see for doing this is cross-platform compatibility; if you find
> using vi or (shudder) emacs easier than BibDesk on Mac OS, we're doing
> something wrong :).

Oh goodness no!  The only time I've ever not used BibDesk on Mac OS X
was when I used TextMate to search-and-replace my local-urls to be
correct relative paths.

I'm mostly concerned about being able to pass on my bibfile and papers
folder to my research group after I graduate.  I'd like to leave
something in an at least partially-usable form for my successors.

> Incidentally, scripting would give you access to paths in the new system, so
> conceivably you could use a script hook to copy them to Local-Url when
> saving.  No idea how practical that is.

I'll do it if I have to, but compared to the current system which
works exactly how I want it to it would be quite inconvenient :-)

-R