On Dec 19, 2008, at 5:44 AM, Christiaan Hofman wrote:

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 9:45 PM, Christiaan Hofman <cmhof...@gmail.com> wrote:

On 18 Dec 2008, at 8:51 PM, Conan C. Albrecht wrote:

The only problem is we need to get appscript installed in the user's Python and Ruby installation somehow since the scripts require it to talk with BibDesk and Word. But we could solve this somehow.

Conan

That's of course the advantage of using AppleScript rather than Python or Ruby. The disadvantage of that is of course that it's AppleScript ;-)

Is it possible to include AppScript in an application bundle as a framework?

Christiaan

I don't know much abut it, but it does seem possible using py2app. I would strongly suggest you to do this, it would remove one big hurdle. It's also the Mac way of doing it, taking full advantage of the app bundle design.

Christiaan

Will BibDesk now be able to launch an app from the Scripts menu/ folder? If so, this would be possible with py2app.

Jim Harrison
UVa