The city and Bike Fed literally didn't know that the SCERB was taking this
up until the day before. And they had no idea that Fred (and Dianne
Hesselbein, who should also be very bike-friendly) would vote against the
proposal. Several people called Fred's office before the meeting and were
basically turned away. Fred's position has more to do with the opinions of
the other residents of his building -- at the corner of W Mifflin and
Wisconsin Ave -- than with the opinions of bicyclists.

It's sort of frustrating that the folks in that building first complain
bitterly about people riding on the sidewalk and then strongly oppose the
solution that would keep a good majority of the bicyclists off the
sidewalk.

Robbie Webber
Transportation Policy Analyst
608-263-9984 (o)
608-225-0002 (c)
rob...@robbiewebber.org
All opinions expressed are my own and do not necessarily reflect those of
my employer or any other group with which I am affiliated.