On Mon, 29 Aug 2005, Kenneth Lyons wrote:
> Reject does waste a bit a bandwidth with all the retries. But it seems
> good to inform the sender that their email was ignored right on the SMTP
> (as opposed to an autoreply which could be a fake address).

Indeed; bounces are sadly very necessary for legitimate email. Email in
general is really broken :-/, thanks a lot to the Kings of Spam.

I'm open to all suggestions to limit spam traffic; Gerrit suggested once
that we drop subscriptions and simply introduce a confirm-per-message
approach. How does that sound?

Andreas

--
Andreas Aardal Hanssen   | http://www.andreas.hanssen.name/gpg
Author of Binc IMAP      |  "It is better not to do something