On 21.06.11 12:26, Metropolitan College <Eric Kom> wrote:
I'm sorry, I forgot that a terminal mail clients don't support HTMl,

They do. However HTML mail is hard to read and even harder to reply.
That's why I didn't read most of your former mails...

This below is my zone file metropolitanbuntu.co.za.external:

I recommend you skipping the .metropolitanbuntu.co.za. part (bind adds current ORIGIN to names not terminated by dot) and replace "metropolitanbuntu.co.za." by "@".

That would make the file easier to read and less prone to errors (mistakes).

$TTL 3H
metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      SOA

@       IN              SOA

ns1.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.    postmaster.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.     (

ns1     postmaster (

                               16              ; serial
                               8H              ; refresh
                               2H              ; retry
                               4W              ; expire
                               1D)             ; default_TTL

metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      NS
ns1.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.

... I hope these belong to one line, you can even skip the @ since you are still defining RRs for @

        IN      NS      ns1

metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      NS
ns2.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.

        IN      NS      ns2

metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      MX      10
mail.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.

        IN      MX      10      mail

metropolitanbuntu.co.za.        IN      TXT     "Metropolitan College
DNS Server."
        IN      TXT     "Metropolitan College DNS Server."

ns1.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.    IN      A       41.134.194.90

ns1     IN      A       41.134.194.90

ns2.metropolitanbuntu.co.za.    IN      A       41.134.194.91

ns2     IN      A       41.134.194.91

... etc etc.

Since you clearly DO have A records for your NS'es, I guess the problem is in the metropolitanbuntu.co.za zone in the internal view. Check that one.

Views complicate everything and I don't think there is anymore a real
use for them. I strongly suggest you don't use them.

alright!

But since I got the internal services to resolve, if I remove the
internal resolution, I won't solve request in the case if my internet is
down?

you _can_ use views but note many of problems with bind come from bad understanding how views work.

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have. _______________________________________________