Hi Renzo.
Firstly, please can we see your BIND configuration and have the actual AD
domain name.

Secondly, BIND, or any other recursive DNS server, does not 'forward' to
the root servers, unless you have configured it explicitly to do so, which
would be a bad idea and not work anyway. It will recurse (paradoxically,
perform non-recursive aka iterative queries) to the roots and other
authoritative servers. It is an important distinction to be aware of.

Thirdly, I would not forward to AD DNS, unless the AD servers also recurse
and can provide resolution for delegated names below the AD domain that are
not hosted on the AD servers themselves. Personally I would use a stub or
static-stub zone in BIND to refer to the AD domain.

In general, decide which DNS is going to do the resolving and make that the
control point, fetching data from wherever it needs to (e.g. AD DNS) -
using non-recursive queries - and using that data to construct answers for
its clients.

I hope that helps.
Cheers, Greg