Hi Renzo.
Ah OK, I had it the wrong way round. AD DNS needs to resolve names in the
Internet on behalf of its clients, so it forwards to BIND.

In that case, two questions:
1) What version of BIND are you running? You can get this with "named -V"
2) What is in the file "named.ca"?
For a long time (which is why I need to know the version) BIND has had the
Internet root hints built in, so you don't need a hint zone anymore. Unless
you are defining different roots for some reason. Hence why I need to know
the contents of that file.

Thanks, Greg