-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of William
Buchanan
Sent: Wednesday, February 01, 2006 11:50 AM
To: blackbelly@lists.blackbellysheep.info
Subject: [blackbelly] RR and QR

Hello all,

While reading some stuff on hairsheep, I ran across some Katahdin people
talking about their sheep being RR and QR and QQ. I read on to discover
these letters have something to do with the sheep's genetic resistance to
getting scrapie if exposed? Not really sure on that... but apparently RR is
the most desired.

ANYWAY, have these tests been run on any Barbados sheep that anyone is aware
of?

It would be interesting to see how our sheep stack up.

Thanks

Chris B