not $HOME/.blackboxrc/menu, but $HOME/.blackbox/menu, I guess.

FYI. strace (or ltrace) is very usefull for such case, it shows
what system (or library) -calls the program called.

eg.
$ Xnest :1 &
$ strace -o /tmp/s.log /usr/bin/blackbox -display :1 &

--- ssato

Rommel B. Ikeda wrote:

Hi,

I am Rommel Ikeda and I just installed what I think is the best Window Manager for me...I must admit that I am still new not only to my OS FreeBSD and my Blackbox...

I have been reading the man pages for blackbox...and I need to ask some questions about it...

I created a .blackboxrc in my $HOME directory...I have copied the /usr/X11R6/share/blackbox/menu and /usr/X11R6/share/blackbox/styles in my $HOME...I then edited the menu file in my $HOME directory according to my liking...BUT, when I rebooted my machine...it seems that it does not read the ~/.blackboxrc/menu file....What should I do, that when blackbox starts it will read my ~/.blackboxrc/menu file and NOT the /usr/X11R6/share/blackbox/menu file?

If my question is not that clear please contact me...
Thank you in advance for any replies...

Rommel Ikeda