Heh.  Again, I'm not sure if my brain has slipped a gear and I've
already responded to this, but here goes....  Responding inline....

* [09/16/01 19:34] Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world,
* Jan Schaumann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> walks into mine and says:

> Jason Kasper <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > bbconf 1.0.  An all-in-one GUI blackbox configuration utility, written
> > in Qt.
>
> My input below:
>
> Tarball from: http://bbconf.sourceforge.net/code/bbconf-1.0.tar.gz
>
>  - README is an html file.  Blargs.  Create a plain ascii file as well,
>    please.  And if it's html, please name it accordingly: README.html

Fixed--will be present in next release and is in current CVS
repository....

>  - after ./configure, make runs configure again

Fixed--will be present in next release and is in current CVS
repository....  =:)

>  - I had to comment out the "autoheader" line for the compile to begin

Fixed--will be present in next release and is in current CVS
repository....  =:D

>  - trying to comple with g++ 3.0, lots of things break and it bars

Umm. #define "lots of things break and it bars", please.  Preferably,
pull down a clean CVS version and try it and let me know what breaks, as
this is generally more helpful than "lots of things break".  =:)

>  - trying to configure with g++-2.95 breaks, complaining it can't find
>    Qt (even though it had no problem finding them with g++ 3.0)

Again, try with a clean build environment, preferably from the current
CVS version as there are bug fixes in there already for some build
issues....

> Blargs, I got better things to do than to mess around with this ;-)

Indeed.  Like writing a "your first Qt application" tutorial?  =:D

> So:
>
> Debian package from
> http://bbconf.sourceforge.net/code/bbconf_1.0-1_i386.deb
>
> Since I have Qt installed from sources (2.3.0 and 3.0beta4), I happily
> ignore dependencies - yet to no avail.

Umm.  Yeah, I wouldn't think this would work because the libqt that
comes with debian has a BUNCH of squirrely stuff linked in, like
liblcms, etc.  If you built it yourself (I won't ask why), most probably
you have more issues than just libqt dependencies not being met.

> Sorry, I'll try again another time.
>
> Just a quick question: does bbconf compile with g++ version 3.0 and Qt
> 3.0 ?

Well, as per above, I'd like to make sure it does.  Please let me know
what errors you get from "./configure --enable-debug
--prefix=/tmp/bbconf; make" on a g++ 3.0 box with a clean CVS tree.

On a side note, has ANYONE tried or succeeded at compiling this beast on
a g++ 3.0 machine?

--
Jason Kasper (vanRijn)