On Thu, 2001-12-13 at 20:50, Jan Schaumann wrote:
> Speedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > And maybe set up the list to only accept and pass on mail from legit
> > subscribers, to stem the flow of SPAM and virii?
>
> Good idea.

Agreed, but the plural of virus is viruses.  It's a common misconception
that it's virii (I too thought it was).  A quick search will reveal the
reasons.

> > Also, every other
> > list I am on will reply to the list when I hit "reply", whereas this
> > one replies to the sender. Could that be changed as well?
>
> Not everybody agrees on this issue.  In general, it probably is a good
> idea if the ML does not set or modify any headers.  Try a search on
> google on this topic to read up on the different viewpoints.

Header Munging (as it is more commonly known) is a very bad practice
that breaks several different things.  As indicated, a quick search will
show the different view points on this.  Additionally, I would advise
getting a client that supports replying to a mailing list.  If you take
a look at the headers for any message from the list, you will find:

I know that Evolution can handle mailing lists and replying directly to
them.  Not sure about other MUAs.

Jamin W. Collins

--
"Life is the art of drawing without an eraser." - John Gardner