Speedy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On 13 Dec 2001 21:23:07 -0600
> "Jamin W. Collins" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> legit
> > >
> > > Good idea.
> >
> > Agreed, but the plural of virus is viruses.  It's a common
> misconception
> > that it's virii (I too thought it was).  A quick search will reveal
> the
> > reasons.
>
> The plural of mouse is mice, but the computer industry calls them
> mouses.

I believe that "mouse" as in rodent and "mouse" as in the superflous
pointing-device are different things and the plurals (plurii?) are,
accordingly, different as well.

Incidentally, I believe that the plural of "virus" (as in Microsoft) is
"virus".

> this
> > >
> > > Not everybody agrees on this issue.  In general, it probably is a
> good
> > > idea if the ML does not set or modify any headers.  Try a search on
> > > google on this topic to read up on the different viewpoints.
> >
> > Header Munging (as it is more commonly known) is a very bad practice
> > that breaks several different things.  As indicated, a quick search
> will
> > show the different view points on this.  Additionally, I would advise
> > getting a client that supports replying to a mailing list.

Another topic we just covered ;-)  Mutt is very good with MLs.

> (BTW Jan: I changed some
> settings, and I hope my lines now wrap at the 72 characters I _thought_
> that I had set before)

Almost - you will notice in the above (unaltered) quotations that there
are some nasty linebreaks where they shouldn't be.

> So I just have to be more careful when replying. I'm not afraid to use
> my brain...

Hooray.  Welcome to the who me?

-Jan

--