In message: Re: BB Feature (<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>)
on 07/01/2002 (Mon 16:25) Ben Neuman wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 07, 2002 at 12:33:44AM +0100, Mark Weinem wrote:
> > Hi David!
> >
> > On Fri, 04 Jan 2002, David U. Haltinner wrote:
> >
> > > To make everyone happy with the 'icon' war (how BB should use them),
> > > why dont you just use the last (unused) mouse button to display a list
> > > of currentlly open and iconified programs running in that workspace?
> > > it will create a nice and easy way to switch between windows and to
> > > reopen them. i would suggest not having submenus in it for easier use.
> >
> > Only a menu listing *all* windows and icons (workspace independent!!)
> > would be useful.
> >
> > Ciao, Mark
>
> I agree with that somewhat. I dislike the format of the middle-click
> workspace list...I personally would prefer an option to make it just
> one list of windows, rather than a list of windows divided into
> workspaces. Windowmaker, pwm, and many other windowmanagers I've used
> behave like this, and I much prefer it. It's easier to make it act as
> a pager of sorts without messing with submenus.

Actually, the way it works right now is far more useful to me.  I tend
to have a lot of shells open in different workspaces and when I want to
get at one I've minimized, it is far more helpful for me to only see the
list of ones I've minimized in the current workspace.  As someone who
has used Windowmaker for ages, I can say that more than once I've wished
wmaker did it exactly the way bb does now.  :-)

-Joe.

--
Joe MacDonald
:wq