In message: Re: Focus stuff.. (<Pine.GSO.4.44.0204231924260.9560-100000@sabaki>)
on 23/04/2002 (Tue 19:27) William K Baran wrote:

> Hateful feature?  Following the thread.. it seems that feature would
> allow some of us to completely shed the mouse.

Not necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, actually a quite admirable
goal.  I'm not a big fan of mousing around to do everything, but the
only thing I dislike more than windows popping up and stealing my focus
is windows popping up and moving my mouse pointer (and thus stealing my
focus).  :-)

> Now if I can just convince bbkeys to add arbitrary key remappings that
> modmap won't do (that I konw of).  Ahh.. the dream of replacing
> arrow-keys and mouse events with Meta+Vi-keybindings..

. . . Now that sounds pretty sweet to me too.  Sign me up for some of
that if the bbkeys author is listening.

-Joe.

--
Joe MacDonald