Richard A Downing wrote these words on 07/31/05 10:26 CST:

> That said there is a rising head of steam to change.  I would suggest
> that we look at it, post 6.1 release.  It will need testing against all
> the options (which the LiveCD doesn't use, e.g. gnomeVFS).

Already on my todo list. However, the "head of steam to change" is not
the build method, as much as it is the installation method. The recent
problem being discussed is the profile issue (not wanting to reuse the
existing profile and prompts you for another when you launch multiple
copies of Firefox).

This issue doesn't have anything to do with using CMMI or the client.mk
method.

> Would we want to do the same for thunderbird and mozilla?

Yes, in that I will be looking for a method to reliably build and
install so that the profile issue will go away for all 3 packages.

--
Randy

10:26:00 up 120 days, 9:59, 2 users, load average: 0.37, 0.49, 0.62