M.Canales.es wrote these words on 03/26/07 15:44 CST:
> El Lunes, 26 de Marzo de 2007 22:31, Bruce Dubbs escribió:
>
>> A table of contents for each chapter would be useful,
>
> That is easy to add, if wanted. In the first times it was here, but latter
> was
> decided to remove it, I don't remember wy.

I can't honestly say I'd find individual chapter indexes
useful. Chances are someone is using the index to find out
what chapter/file something is in. Seems it would be frustrating.
Perhaps I'm not thinking it through, though.

> BLFS longindex.html is > 700 Kb, that take some time to load on a browser.
> That's the principal reason for the propossal.

I'm sitting on the fence here. On one hand, I like the idea of
individual indexes for packages/libraries/programs/etc. because
of the reduced sizes and faster loading times. But on the other
hand I don't want to have to open up multiple indexes to find
what I'm looking for.

I'll wait for others input, but I can't really offer anything
for or against Manuel's proposal other than I lean (note that
isn't anything firm) towards leaving the index as is. I just
loaded it in a browser over the Internet (broadband) on a slow
computer and it took just 7 seconds.

For that little of time, the convenience of having everything
together seems a bit better than the alternative.

--
Randy

15:48:00 up 17 days, 13:47, 1 user, load average: 0.27, 0.07, 0.02