On Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:25:14 -0700, "Dan Nicholson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Looks OK to me. I don't really like that huge longindex.html. But
> that's just my vote. We should probably wait until Matthew gets back
> before making a final decision.

Well, I'm still on vacation.  After several days of nice weather, the current
rain has forced me indoors :-(

After reading the discussion on this, I'm not sure that anything should be done
with the indexes.

My personal preference would be to have the 'Up' link point to a per-chapter
index, or, failing that, remove it entirely as the only other sensible place I
can think of it pointing to would be to the main index.html page, which is
where 'Home' already links to.

Again, personal preference would split longindex.html into programs, libraries,
etc. but like others have said I don't think the cost (in effort)/benefit ratio
is at all favourable.  So, I think the eminently sensible thing to do is just
leave things as they are.

Regards,

Matt.