[cc'd to LFS-Dev as this is supposed to be a nice attaboy to the
LFS devs]

Dan Nicholson wrote these words on 08/11/07 19:45 CST:

> It's the least I could do after you powered through so many
> commits over the past couple weeks.

Once upon a time, I read a message from Alexander and he said that
(B)LFS was maybe the best 'distro' out there. Not sure when or why,
but I remember him saying that at one time.

At this point in time, I think that the (B)LFS instructions from
the current Development books are as good a combination as there
has ever been. Too bad half the folks that would want to use it
won't because they feel that their 64 bit machines need CLFS
massaging.

I'm really pleased right now with where the books can take you on
X86 platforms. We are really quite modern right now. Other than
the X86 platform is rapidly becoming semi-obsolete.

(this wasn't meant to be a dig on the X86 platform, references are
only because so many probably now use 64 bit machines and don't
think that [B]LFS is for them)

--
Randy

rmlscsi: [bogomips 1003.26] [GNU ld version 2.16.1] [gcc (GCC) 4.0.3]
20:16:00 up 9 days, 20:07, 1 user, load average: 0.17, 0.20, 0.13