Instructions in BLFS for OpenJDK were very robust. Originally, by DJ, I
think last update was from Bruce, cannot remember if Armin or Ken
touched it.

Unfortunately, since icedtea-2.4.0, problems started.

For all versions, I have been using book's patches, just renaming
according to the icedtea's version.

First, the icedtea-2.4.0-add_cacerts-1.patch was first to finally fail a
chunk (hope this sentence is written in an understandable language).

Even though, it seemed to partially work, the three sites where I have
to use java understood everything from icedtea-web-1.4.

Now, with icedtea-2.4.1, java seems to be working in most pages, but in
the test pages and in the three sites where I have to use java, firefox
freezes and in one of the latter, I get an error message to install java
plugin.

Another symptom of problems is that from some older version and up to
and including icedtea-2.4.0, first time a site wanted to execute (or
install, cannot remember) an applet, a popup informed and requested
confirmation, and if this reply was permanent.

Now, with 2.4.1, it freezes firefox, no popup, perhaps this is exactly
what is causing the freezing.

So, as this is a *critical security issue*, at least for me, I am asking
help.

*Please, someone, update the book.*

                Book's version:         Latest
OpenJDK         1.7.0.9                 1.7.0.40 (at ArchLinux)
IcedTea         2.3.3                   2.4.1 (we already have a ticket)

IcedTea went up to 2.3.9, before turning 2.4.0, so it has been a long
time since last update.

--
[]s,
Fernando