On Thu, Jul 11, 2013 at 05:52:05PM -0300, Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> Instructions in BLFS for OpenJDK were very robust. Originally, by DJ, I
> think last update was from Bruce, cannot remember if Armin or Ken
> touched it.

 Not me - I've never used it.  The reason the versions are so far
behind is that none of the current editors use it.  It isn't a
trivial build, so nobody touches it.  Similar thing with gnucash,
although getting that to build looks easier thanks to your, and
Andy's, work.  Despite your current problem, you are the nearest
we have to an expert.

 Actually, a few hours ago I thought I might have to look at
OpenJDK: accessing my MyBookLive in firefox tried to find a
(non-existent) JRE plugin, but it turned out I don't need it.

 From memory, fedora are mostly up-to-date with packages like this -
have you looked at fedora cgit to see if they do anything that looks
as if it might be relevant ?  I guess they might apply the
proverbial load of patches, but hopefully many of those (or the
changelog in the specfile) might indicate what they fix.  Similarly,
the Arch PKGBUILD might show something interesting.

ĸen