On Mon, Mar 03, 2014 at 11:59:33AM -0600, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Fernando de Oliveira wrote:
> > Em 02-03-2014 21:42, Ken Moffat escreveu:
> >>
> >> 3. Subversion used to run a subshell to interrogate apxs.  The
> >> current page looks unusual, but I haven't any desire to build it for
> >> 7.5 (I only rebuilt my server in September), so I have to assume it
> >> is ok ?
> >
> > More or less. I am comparing the two versions in BLFS svn and 7.4 (It is
> > very good to having releases, so to easily comparing instructions
> > versions. In "Command Explanations", of svn (7.5-rc1) I think we should
> > write the complete switch, or it is almost useless:
> >
> > s|=...|=$(/usr/bin/apxs -q libexecdir)|
> >
> > In configure, I don't know how to handle the switch alone
> > "--with-apache-libexecdir"

 I've just taken a look at configure.  --with-apache-libexecdir runs
that apxs command, so I guess just adding an explanation like
"this command uses apxs to discover the libexecdir used by apache" ?
[ with markup, of ocurse ].  I can pick this up if that suggestion
is ok.

> >> 4. The following are still doing things the old way:
> >> menu-cache, qemu, openbox, mc, pulseaudio.  Is there any reason why
> >> these should NOT drop --libexecdir ?
> >
> > menu-cache and openbox are my faults. I can fix them.
>
> And I'll fix qemu.  That one is my omission.
>
>    -- Bruce

 I see that the following create directories in /usr/libexec, I
suppose that we need to document these [ possibly, some are already
done, I haven't checked that yet ] :

file-roller,
gedit,
git (creates git-core/),
gjs,
gnome-system-monitor,
gstreamer (both, they create -0.10 and -1.0),
mc,
menu-cache,
pulse (turns out I've already built this - the directory is empty on
 my pulse-avoiding system),
sudo,
xscreensaver,
totem.

 I can pick up any/all of this, including removing the old command
explanations, but I'd like to confirm that the directories in
/usr/libexec should be documented, please.

ĸen