Ken Moffat wrote:

>   I see that the following create directories in /usr/libexec, I
> suppose that we need to document these [ possibly, some are already
> done, I haven't checked that yet ] :

> file-roller,
> gedit,
> git (creates git-core/),
> gjs,
> gnome-system-monitor,
> gstreamer (both, they create -0.10 and -1.0),
> mc,
> menu-cache,
> pulse (turns out I've already built this - the directory is empty on
>   my pulse-avoiding system),

For me it's

$ find /usr/libexec -type d
/usr/libexec
/usr/libexec/gcc
/usr/libexec/emacs
/usr/libexec/awk
/usr/libexec/gstreamer-1.0
/usr/libexec/getconf
/usr/libexec/gstreamer-0.10
/usr/libexec/mc
/usr/libexec/sudo
/usr/libexec/coreutils
/usr/libexec/man-db

I removed some subdirectories.  Obviously gcc, awk, coreutils, and
man-db come from LFS.  There are several other entries in /usr/libexec
that are not in subdirectories.

I rebuilt pulse in a DESTDIR:

$ ls usr/libexec/ -R
usr/libexec/:
pulse

usr/libexec/pulse:
gconf-helper  proximity-helper

> sudo,
> xscreensaver,
> totem.
>
>   I can pick up any/all of this, including removing the old command
> explanations, but I'd like to confirm that the directories in
> /usr/libexec should be documented, please.

Yes, just mentioning them in the Installed Directories line is enough.