> Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 13:59:51 +0000
> From: lf...@cruziero.com (akhiezer)
> To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org>
> Subject: Re: [blfs-dev] Git server instructions
>
> > Date: Wed, 05 Mar 2014 04:40:07 +0100
> > From: "Armin K." <kre...@email.com>
> > To: BLFS Development List <blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org>
> > Subject: [blfs-dev] Git server instructions
> >
> > Hello, I've taken some time to write some basic instructions on how to
> > get a basic git server up and running.
> >
> > The instructions can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/blfs-git/general/gitserver.html
> >
> > Patch against latest blfs svn can be found at:
> >
> > http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/~krejzi/git-server.patch
> >
> > Any comments and suggestions are welcome.
> >

> Might it be better to include 'Gitolite' under required/recommended deps,
> or inline in page as an 'additional download'; but in any case have it
> downloading a fixed-version tarball - or a fixed git tag - rather than
> just implicitly downloading the latest git head commit that may no longer
> work well with the particular fixed git/openssh versions that _are_ listed.

 - ditto for the instructions re gitolite on gitserver page: what version
 of gitolite do they refer to; and per other email, there's already some
 mixing of v2 & v3 instructions. (Try to avoid putting the user in wiki-hell:
 try to give them nailed-down examples of what instructions work with what
 exact version of the software.)