On Sun, Apr 20, 2014 at 05:19:22PM -0500, Bruce Dubbs wrote:
> Ken Moffat wrote:
>
> Really, the only thing that's different through the end of Chapter 6 is
> adding new packages.  Skipping systemd and adding eudev is all that is
> needed to do a straight traditional build (with a few packages from
> BLFS).  D-Bus is not started by default in the System V setup, but the
> binaries are built and installed.

 Yeah, but for the current LFS-svn bootscripts (see my post on -chat
from a few hours ago) the name/location of udevd and udevadm have
changed.

> > My impression is that you _have_ addressed the
> > keyboard and font setup,
>
> Not yet.  At least not to my satisfaction.

 Oh well, I'll wait to see what you come up with.  As I said, my own
settings are quite different from the book so I don't pay too much
attention to the existing sysvinit examples.  I did see at least one
example in configuring systemd and I think it probably tells me
enough to sort out my own builds.

>    However there is a method to their madness and
> LFSers should be able to pick it up relatively quickly.

 Don't get me started on what that "method" might be ;-)

 Cheers.

ĸen