On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 03:24:55AM +0100, Ken Moffat via blfs-dev wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 05, 2019 at 01:42:15AM +0000, DJ Lucas via blfs-dev wrote:
> >

> > On 8/4/2019 9:26 AM, Pierre Labastie via blfs-dev wrote:
> > > t would be useful.
> > >
> > > Concerning cgroup v2, "man cgroups" tells:
> > > "Note that on many modern systems, systemd(1) automatically  mounts  the
> > > cgroup2 filesystem at /sys/fs/cgroup/unified during the boot process".
> > > According to what I see, elogind does that too.
> > Well, that is definitely new functionality from when I first started on it
> > then. One of the first questions was if this and that exist in the paths
> > mentioned when troubleshooting. If both cgroups mounts are handled
> > automatically, then let's drop mountcgroupfs. I'll be able to reboot in an
> > hour or two on a completed system and do the secondary confirmation for you,
> > plus it'll give me a quick test of new scripts. What do you think about the
> > elogind scirpt? Drop it? I do not know if the cgroup fallback is true for
> > elogind, but would expect so since it's from the same codebase (have to test
> > with a kernel that is not prepared for cgroups, but even so, I suspect the
> > only lost functionality is the quick cleanup of user processes).
> >
> At a minimum, I think you will need to enable cgroups in the kernel.
> You maybe also need to enable the memory controller, and perhaps the
> current version of inotify (CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER, I think, but
> documented in one of my recent posts).

Coming back to this now, in the sysv book we need kernel
configuration for elogind (systemd covers it in LFS) with the
following:

 CONFIG_CGROUPS=y
 CONFIG_INOTIFY_USER=y
 CONFIG_MEMCFG=y

Note that CONFIG_FHANDLE=y is probably required, but now under
'Expert Users' so will normally be configured, and experts know what
they are getting into if htey play with those options.

Looking at the template, for kernel config we have the following.
Is it ok for jhalfs if I make the whole sect2 specific to sysv ?

i.e. <sect2 revision="systemd" role="kernel" id=elogind-kernel">
or will that break something ?

ĸen

  <!-- Optional section for packages that need a specific kernel
  configuration-->
  <sect2 role="kernel" id="TEMPLATE-kernel">
    <title>Kernel Configuration</title>

    <para>
      Enable the following options in the kernel configuration and recompile the
      kernel if necessary:
    </para>

<!-- Spaces are significant in <screen> sections -->
<screen><literal>Master section ---&gt;
  Subsection ---&gt;
    [*]     Required parameter                     [CONFIG_REQU_PAR]
    &lt;*&gt;     Required parameter (not as module)     [CONFIG_REQU_PAR_NMOD]
    &lt;*/M&gt;   Required parameter (could be a module) [CONFIG_REQU_PAR_MOD]
    &lt;*/M/ &gt; Optional parameter                     [CONFIG_OPT_PAR]
    [ ] Incompatible parameter                     [CONFIG_INCOMP_PAR]
    &lt; &gt; Incompatible parameter (even as module)
[CONFIG_INCOMP_PAR_MOD]</literal></screen>

    <para>
      Select the appropriate sub-options that appear when the above options are
      selected. As much as possible, the layout should be the same as in
      kernel menus.
    </para>

    <indexterm zone="TEMPLATE TEMPLATE-kernel">
      <primary sortas="d-TEMPLATE">TEMPLATE</primary>
    </indexterm>
  </sect2>

--
Adopted by dwarfs, brought up by dwarfs.  To dwarfs I'm a dwarf, sir.
I can do the rite of k'zakra, I know the secrets of h'ragna, I can