At 04:19 PM 12/6/2005 -0500, Erik Garrison wrote:
I've been trying to configure my openssh server for the past hour or so. I'm running LFS 6.1. I have installed iptables, but made sure to open port 22 for ssh.

I get:

$ ssh <http://127.0.0.1>127.0.0.1
Connection closed by <http://127.0.0.1>127.0.0.1

I just went thru this, and googled my brains out for 2-3 days before finally manually searching the BLFS-support archives and finding the answer...

Turn off DNS access in the /etc/ssh/sshd_config file - there's a line there that says something to the effect of:

UseDNS yes   # (it defaults to yes if commented out)

Uncomment that line, and change it to "no", like this:

UseDNS no

That _should_ solve your problem.

Hope this helps,
Roger "Merch" Merchberger

--
Roger "Merch" Merchberger   | Anarchy doesn't scale well. -- Me
[EMAIL PROTECTED]         |