On Tue, 2006-05-23 at 22:02 -0700, Dan Nicholson wrote:
> Ah, thanks.  Have you ever used pmount, or know any details about it?
> It seems to be the preferred solution for automounting with the debian
> crowd.

I'm using it with HAL/g-v-m... what do you want to know? Basically, it's
an suid-wrapper around mount that allows a user to mount volumes without
becoming root themselves - by default, it's restricted to any volume
labelled as removable by the kernel (in sysfs). I understand that Debian
and Ubuntu further configure it to be runnable only by members of a
specific user group, but the default is to be runnable by anyone.

Simon.