On 5/24/06, TheOldFellow <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
How do I go about receiving Webcasts from the philistine organisations
that insist on using Microsoft technology (like our tax-payer funded
www.parliamentlive.tv of the UK pariliament).

Richard,

The totem mozilla plugin worked for me on the above site.  I'm using
the xine backend.  Seems the House of Commons is a bit empty right
now. :)  I have installed roughly 26,000 media applications to get to
this point, though.

Here's the list of MIME types that my plugin registers in about:plugins:

Totem Mozilla Plugin

   File name: libtotem_mozilla.so
   The Totem 1.4.0 plugin handles video and audio streams.

MIME Type       Description     Suffixes        Enabled
video/quicktime         QT video        mov     Yes
application/x-mplayer2  AVI video       avi, wma, wmv   Yes
video/mpeg      MPEG video      mpg, mpeg, mpe  Yes
video/x-ms-asf-plugin   ASF video       asf, wmv        Yes
video/x-ms-wmv  WMV video       wmv     Yes
application/ogg         Ogg multimedia  ogg     Yes
video/divx      AVI video       divx    Yes
audio/wav       WAV audio       wav     Yes

--
Dan