rblythe wrote:

I am trying to build NSS-3.11.

The patch, configure, and make portions of the instruction work fine. When I attempt to perform the test (as unpriviledged user), I have had mixed results.

When I have DOMSUF=blytheworks.com, I get 346 not 770. I removed everything (rm -Rf nss-3.11) and started over and used DOMSUF=mydomain.com. This time I get 222 not 770. I also made sure that I exited out of all sub-shells before starting over.

I am working from blfs-svn-20060415 and I checked the pages I downloaded against what is on the site now, and the instructions are the same.

I believe that I am not understaning what a <validdomain.name> is, in order to get this to test properly. Everything else on my system has compiled, tested, and built without a hitch, so I don't know what I am doing incorrectly. Is it 100% necessary to have 770 as an end result?

I did md5sum nss-3.11.tar.gz and my output matched the book so it is a good download. I am stumped with this one. Any help will be appreciated. Also

Thanks,

rblythe

After checking the test output .html, I notices that all of the failures had to do with TLS and SSL. The log is too large to post in the e-mail (I guess it is time for me to learn how to tar/compress files and not just unpack them).

Anyway, could this have something to do with openSSL? It is installed per the BLFS instructions, but the version I installed was openSSL-0.97 (I think it was"i" in early April when I installed it) not 0.98a or b.

If this turns out to be part (if not all) of the problem, can openSSL-0.98b (current BLFS-SVN) be installed without mucking up everything else?

Thanks again,

rblythe

I tried this yet again, this time with DOMSUF=example.org (this is what I used in LFS for /etc/hosts). The tests start out fine, but then it just freezes. Three different times I tried this (starting over completely from scratch with nss-3.11) and still no success. I'm bummed, but not giving up.

I really could use come input on this one.

Thanks,

rblythe