Maginot Junior wrote:

> You need the video drivers to have KMS working, you can't simple use
> KMS without nouveau (nvidia boards). Actually, any nvidia proprietary
> driver can't run with nouveau.

That's true.

> You need the initrd updated to have the KMS/DRM modules from kernel
> since the early stages, and they should be in sync with the build in
> the local disk so the initrd can handle to the local disk kernel and
> Xorg can take advantage of this infrastructure.

Try to read and understand LFS before posting things like this.  LFS
does *not* use initrd by default, even though a user may do that for
himself.  We also generally have users minimize kernel modules.

Xorg modules are different from kernel modules.  There is some kernel
support needed for the nouveau drivers, but not for the nv driver.

Drivers for Xorg can be specified in /etc/X11/xorg.conf, but whether
that's needed depends on the needs of the user.  Most of the time
defaults are OK. One thing that can be tried is to set the driver in
xorg.conf:

Section "Device"
     Identifier  "Videocard0"
     Driver      "nv"