>On Tue, 17 Jul 2012 21:47:35 +0200
>"Armin K." <kre...@email.com> wrote:

> Yay, you missed the world. This is LFS, it does not use initrd ...
>
> And blacklisting nouveau does not disable KMS, it just disables the
> driver from loading automatically by udev. That way you can boot
> using VESA. Nouveau gets loaded when: Xorg Server starts or you
> modprobe it manually. In either way, KMS will be enabled.
>
> Have you ever tried using nouveau with Ubuntu? Did it have same
> behaviour?

I think VESA is coliding with nouveau. Try not using it (use only the
text console).

The other possible problem is that you are using the newest (AKA still
explosive) code from git for all three components. I have had amirable
success with libdrm-2.4.26, mesa-7.11 and linux-3.4.4. Neither are
bleeding edge, and they work together. Try rolling back to _releases_
of the packages and you may have success.

"Success" defined as "IT WORKS AND DOESN'T CRASH!!!" and not as "I can
play Mass Effect 3 with all settings maxed out and the game looks as
good as on Windows!", although God may have mercy on thee.

--
   Fourth law of programming:
   Anything that can go wrong wi