Em 14-02-2014 06:14, m...@pc-networking-services.com escreveu:
> Hello,
>
> This is my second attempt to post this here.  I beat the confirmation
> e-mail by posting to the list and receieve the bounce that it was waiting
> the list moderators approval and that was on the 5th.
>
> I have also posted this error on the devleopers website on the 3rd of Feb
> and no responce there either.

I cannot find your message in my archives nor at:

https://www.mail-archive.com/blfs-dev@linuxfromscratch.org/maillist.html

What do you mean by "developers website"? Please, can you give me the
address, or title of the post, something to help me finding your report
from the 3rd?

> I really do not know how you can say that compiling java from scratch
> following EXACTLY the instructions given works on a BLFS build as it
> clearly does NOT.  Though this is the output from a later version, the at
> the time book version 2.4.1 gives the same unknow option to s sed error
> message.

I have no problem, in different machines.

> I do not know enough about the substitution strings in sed to know if by
> chaning the / to another character if it would actually in an unknown way
> create errors down the track if compilation was successful.  It would seem
> to me that no one has actually followed the printed instructions through
> to see if it actually does compile.
>
> I am by no means a newbie to linux.  I have done technical writing and
> have followed through the instructions that I wrote to make sure there
> were no errors.
>
> make[5]: Entering directory
> `/opt/icedtea-2.4.5/openjdk-boot/jdk/make/java/version'
> /bin/mkdir -p /opt/icedtea-2.4.5/generated.build/sun/misc
> rm -f /opt/icedtea-2.4.5/generated.build/sun/misc/Version.java
> rm -f /opt/icedtea-2.4.5/generated.build/sun/misc/Version.java.temp
> /bin/sed -e 's/@@launcher_name@@/java/g' \
>     -e 's/@@java_version@@/1.7.0_51-BLFS/g' \
>     -e 's/@@java_runtime_version@@/1.7.0_51-BLFS-b31/g' \
>     -e 's/@@jdk_derivative_name@@/IcedTea 2.4.5/g' \
>     -e 's/@@distro_name@@/n/a/g' \

As akhiezer have written, this seems to be the problem.

I have it different in one machine:

{{{
$ xzgrep s/@@distro_name@@ OpenJDK-1.7.0.51-2.4.5-*
OpenJDK-1.7.0.51-2.4.5-2014.01.29-14h56m30s.log.xz:    -e
's/@@distro_name@@/linux-gnu/g' \
OpenJDK-1.7.0.51-2.4.5-2014.01.29-14h56m30s.log.xz:    -e
's/@@distro_name@@/linux-gnu/g' \
}}}

and also different in another machine:

{{{
$ xzgrep s/@@distro_name@@ OpenJDK-1.7.0.51-2.4.5-*
OpenJDK-1.7.0.51-2.4.5-2014.01.29-18h12m38s.log.xz:    -e
's/@@distro_name@@/Linux From Scratch/g' \
OpenJDK-1.7.0.51-2.4.5-2014.01.29-18h12m38s.log.xz:    -e
's/@@distro_name@@/Linux From Scratch/g' \
}}}

I am not sure why you have the problem.

I use one more switch:

--with-pkgversion='7u51-2.4.5-blfs'

but this is not relevant, I think.

I believe the problem is that it is not getting your distro_name
correctly and cannot tell why, so I will give a guess suggestion.

I would suggest that you install lsb_release-1.4, because it seems it is
from there it is picking the distro from one of my machines.

http://www.linuxfromscratch.org/blfs/view/svn/postlfs/lsb-release.html

>     -e 's/@@distro_package_version@@//g' \

I also have:

    -e 's/@@distro_package_version@@/'7u51-2.4.5-blfs'/g' \

but this is due to the switch I use, as written above.

>     -e 's/@@java_runtime_name@@/OpenJDK Runtime Environment/g' \
>     -e 's/@@jdk_revid@@//g' \
>     -e 's/@@hotspot_revid@@//g' \
> ../../../src/share/classes/sun/misc/Version.java.template >
> /opt/icedtea-2.4.5/generated.build/sun/misc/Version.java.temp
> /bin/sed: -e expression #5, char 21: unknown option to `s'
> make[5]: *** [/opt/icedtea-2.4.5/generated.build/sun/misc/Version.java]
> Error 1
> make[5]: Leaving directory
> `/opt/icedtea-2.4.5/openjdk-boot/jdk/make/java/version'
> make[4]: *** [all] Error 1
> make[4]: Leaving directory `/opt/icedtea-2.4.5/openjdk-boot/jdk/make/java'
>

> I really would appreciate it if someone could actually check and see if
> they get a successful compilation without going through and having to edit
> the Makefile.  It is a long build for me as I only have a duel core
> processor.  I tried the compilation several times, each time totally
> deleting the build directory to make sure that there were no left over
> files.
>
> It would seem that if the developer is not even interested in
> acknowledging the error that we are on our own with it.

The developer is interested, but it is the first time he is hearing
about this problem.

--
[]s,
Fernando