Op 16-okt.-2014, om 18:18 heeft Dan McGhee <beesn...@grm.net> het volgende
geschreven:

>>> (…)

>>> Yes, I want to keep things very simple and do only what I need to.  Right
>>> now, I’m using LFS-7.5 without an X environment.  My plan originally was to
>>> build a total distro from 7.6.  That may even be delayed because of the
>>> UEFI stuff that I’m doing.
>>>
>>> However, it is important to me now to share files between my Mac and
>>> laptop. I the only thing I know about Avahi and bonjour is that they are
>>> zeroconf services.  In looking at the build page of Avahi, it looks like I
>>> need an X environment to have it build and run.  That’s too much to do with
>>> my current plans.  I think I’ll have to settle for only NFS and wait to do
>>> the other things until I build my whole distro.
>
> (…)

> The concept of bonjour and avahi looks quite simple, and since I’m dealing
> with only two machines, is attractive.
>
> Thanks again.
> Dan

You don’t need an X environment on the LFS box to run Avahi and Netatalk.
With your Mac as client and the LFS box as server, you easily transfer files
between the Mac and the LFS box (in both directions) by dragging them in the
Finder.  The LFS box is shown by the Finder like any other local disk/partition.

pvg