Hi All,

    I couldn't send or receive any e-mail from just after 11:00 p.m last
night until about 4:00 p.m this afternoon and was getting an error message
that my Cox password or user name was invalid.  The second Cox tech support
person I spoke with was much more helpful than the first one and talked me
through the steps to see if all the account, server, connection settings
were correct.  It didn't seem to take and I'd already taken up a lot of his
time.  I thought I could remember the steps to try again on my own in case I
had made a typo while I was on the phone with him.

    I did try again and  it may be coincidental, but mail started coming in.
The bad news was that it was over 1,000 messages and mail from the 18th to
when the outage occurred that I had already deleted in Outlook Express was
downloaded again.  Plus, new messages had duplicates of every message.

    Cox said they couldn't trouble shoot OE.  My tech can normally fix some
computer problems remotely, but their password to do the remote wasn't
working and the person who could fix it was unavailable.  One of his
assistants suggested looking at web mail to see if there were duplicates
there which she said would be a Cox problem.  I only got 1 of everything
with web mail.

    There was another outage after the mail started coming in and that made
things even worse.  No one at my tech's will be available until 9:00 a.m.  I
may have inadvertently changed a setting.

    Could anyone suggest settings in OE 6 to check for Cox?  I'm running XP
Home, JAWS 9, and IE 7.

    Also, does anyone know of any programs that are JAWS friendly that will
find duplicate messages and delete them?  I'm fighting a migraine and can't
think straight and just want this nightmare to end.

    Thanks,

Margaret