There may be copies kept on the server.  Win 98  is technically on my
home network.  My tech had set it up that way so duplicates of everything
wouldn't pour in in the event the XP Home was down and I needed e-mail
enough to risk it on the Win 98.  I haven't used the '98 for ages and maybe
now not leaving copies on the server might be the way to go.  Is the setting
under tools, account and properties?  Sorry, I barely know my own name right
now.

    I did change the OE settings not to check for mail at startup and not to
check for mail every to try to lessen the amount of mail coming in in hopes
someone had suggestions.

    I didn't get any e-mail from Cox about changing security settings, but I
do know one time the Cox tech had to come because they hadn't alerted
customers to a setting change that needed to be made or at least I never got
the message.

    The weird thing is that the error message I keep getting was exactly
like one I got several days ago when Cox's e-mail was totally down for
several hours in both my state and a neighboring one, but this time Cox was
reporting no conductivity problems in my area.

    Thanks,

Margaret

"Patricia Dunbar" wrote:

Maybe they changed their security settings for the POP3/SMTP as SBC did last
year from 110 to 465 for the pop3and for the SMTP think it was 25 to 995, we
got emails notifying of the changes and how to make the changes in outlook
express. If you keep copies of your emails on your server then this could
explain why you got duplicates...