To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, November 24, 2009 11:51 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Virtual Machine

Means you can test software on a completely different platform than your normal configuration since as far as it's concerned it will be running on that virtual machine, and this means you can do things like configure virtual amounts of memory, processors and their speed, as well as other parts of hardware configuration, and operating systems etc. etc.

For example, if I wanted to make use of some software for use on a version of linux, I could run the virtual linux machine within/from my windows XP machine and still test it without having to have a separate machine to load with the linux operating system as such, and in terms of testing, you can also just close the virtual machine down, and go back to it's previous state and start off all over again, or use it to make changes temporarily, etc. etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA