To: "blind-computing" <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 3:57 PM
Subject: [Blind-Computing] Losing Position On Google Search Results Page

Using Google as my search engine with IE 8 and JAWS 9, I have lately been encountering an annoying problem on the Google search results page. Whenever I click on one of the search results using Enter, I am taken to that page. But when I press Alt-left arrow to return to the Search Results page, I am taken not to the link I just clicked on, but rather to the beginning of the search results. Then I have to use header navigation to return to my original position on the Search Results page. So, for example, if I select the fifth result on the page, and then return to the results page, I land at the very beginning of the search results rather than back at the heading for the fifth result. Strangely, this behavior doesn't seem to happen if I use Bing or Yahoo as my search engine. What's going on? Is there some Google setting I need to adjust so that I am always returned to my original point of origin on the results page rather than to the beginning of the search results? Thanks.

Gerald

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4872 (20100216) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 4872 (20100216) __________