  From: Gerald Levy
  To: blind-computing
  Sent: Tuesday, February 16, 2010 5:57 AM
  Subject: [Blind-Computing] Losing Position On Google Search Results Page

  Using Google as my search engine with IE 8 and JAWS 9, I have lately been
encountering an annoying problem on the Google search results page.  Whenever I
click on one of the search results using Enter, I am taken to that page.  But
when I press Alt-left arrow to return to the Search Results page, I am taken
not to the link I just clicked on, but rather to the beginning of the search
results.  Then I have to use header navigation to return to my original
position on the Search Results page.  So, for example, if I select the fifth
result on the page, and then return to the results page, I land at the very
beginning of the search results  rather than back at the heading for the fifth
result.  Strangely, this behavior doesn't seem to happen if I use Bing or Yahoo
as my search engine.  What's going on?  Is there some Google setting I need to
adjust  so that I am always returned to my original point of origin on the
results page rather than to the beginning of the search results?  Thanks.

  Gerald