The other problem with the accessible version of Google it that it excludes sponsored links. Some users may find this to be an advantage, but when I search for a produvt or service, I usually want to scroll through the sponsored links. If I want to skip them, I can simply jump directly to the beginning of the search results.

Gerald

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jacob Kruger" <jac...@mailzone.co.za>
To: <blind-computing@jaws-users.com>
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 2010 8:22 AM
Subject: Re: [Blind-Computing] Losing Position On Google Search Results Page

Maybe I'm wrong, but pretty sure it doesn't omit any search results, but just ranks them according to the WCAG (web content accessibility guidelines), along with relevance to search terms.

If you click on the overview link at the bottom of that page, you'll find the following specific description of the accessible search:
promotes results that are accessible.

That's all they say about it, so I don't think it excludes any specific search results, but they may just end up on something other than the first page of search results as such.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA